Is there a contradiction between a low carbohydrate diet and a delicious cake? Are you kidding? Are you serious about that! Eat smarter shows you the most delicious low carb cake recipes. Let’s clean it up!
How to bake a low carb cake:
Because wheat flour and sugar contain a lot of carbohydrates, they are replaced by low carbohydrate alternatives. In the low carbohydrate cake recipe, wheat flour is replaced by various flour, such as almond flour, coconut flour, chickpea flour or soybean flour. When you add almond powder, nuts or ground coconut, the cake paste tastes particularly delicious.
Substitute for sugar
Instead of household sugar, low carbohydrate cakes are sweetened with an alternative sweetener. For example, stevia and Xylitol (xucker) are suitable for baking. It should be noted that Stevia has a slightly bitter aftertaste. It takes some time to adapt and does not suit everyone’s taste.
Xylitol is not as well known as Stevia. Sweetener is a natural sugar alcohol from plant fiber. When you eat it, it makes you feel cool in your mouth, which may be a little unusual at first. If you eat too much, sugar alcohol will have a defecation effect, which is why sweeteners should be eaten in moderation.
The perfect low carb cakes are cheese and quark cakes and cheese cakes because they contain a lot of dairy products and a small amount of flour. Quarks, cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and Co. have very few carbohydrates but high protein content. For all cake crumb fans, eat smarter also offers a delicious low carbohydrate lemon cake recipe.
Recipe: low carbohydrate Philadelphia berry pie
100g almond powder
100 grams of melted butter
30 g xylitol
1 pinch of salt
… For overlay
150g frozen Raspberry
300g cream cheese and yogurt
200 ml cream
80 g xylitol
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 pack of clear rubber powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170 ° C. Mix the components of the base together and grease the spring disc.
2. Spread the dough on the floor. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
3. Put the berries in a saucepan and thaw at medium high temperature. Rough beating and then complete cooling. Prepare gelatin according to packaging instructions. Beat the cream and mix the cream cheese with xylitol and lemon juice. Then mix in the cream.
4. Add gelatin and berries and mix together, then lay on the base and leave overnight.
Formula source: lowcarbkoestlicher de
Recipe: Lemon coconut cheese cake
… For the ground
120g almond powder
80g ground coconut
5 tbsp butter
2 tbsp xylitol, fine (e.g. xucker)
… For overlay
400g cream cheese and yogurt
1 pack of gelatin
50 g xylitol sugar (e.g. xucker)
250ml fresh lime juice
20 drops Stevia extract
5 tablespoons ground coconut and lime cubes for decoration
1. Grease a 23cm spring plate and preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
Mix almond powder with ground coconut, melted butter and xylitol, and then press it into the mold to form a base. Bake for 12 minutes until yellowish. Let cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir the cream cheese into cream. In a separate bowl, beat the cream until stiff.
3. Melt the gelatin in a water bath, add xylitol, lime juice and stevia and stir. Very slowly pour the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese and stir constantly.
4. Fold the whipped cream into a cream cheese mixture and spread everything evenly on the bottom of the spring plate. Bake coconut slices in a fat free pan and decorate the cake with them. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.